- Radio Canada, CBC, Vancouver Sun, Victoria Times Colonist, Check TV, Sing Tao, Ming Pao, Fairchild TV & Radio at the Victoria Parliament Building for launch on May 16th, 2016 at 12:00pm
- Global TV story about Victoria Parliament Building launch on May 17th, 2016
- Canadian Press story at the Victoria Parliament Building for launch on May 16th, 2016 at 12:00pm
- Black Press Media story at the Victoria Parliament Building for launch on May 16th, 2016 at 12:00pm
- Sing Tao and Ming Pao at the Collingwood Neighborhood House May 17th, 2016 at 12:00pm. Come cheer us on!
- Kidney Foundation Interview on May 17th, 2016 – Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3
- CCTV4 (China Central Television) story on May 26, 2016. VIDEO
- Meridian Booster story on June 7, 2016 LINK
- The Minnedosa Tribune story on July 1, 2016 LINK
- SooToday story on July 12, 2016 LINK
- CTV Ottawa story on July 23, 2016 LINK – Video Link at 7:00 min mark
- Riviere du Loup infodimanche story published Aug 9, 2016 LINK
- Fredericton Daily Gleaner story published Aug 15, 2016 Front Page – Page 1 – Page 2
- CCTV4 segment published Aug 17, 2016 VIDEO LINK
- CTV Atlantic article and video published Aug 28, 2016 LINK
- VOCM (Newfoundland AM Radio) open line call in show 1:03:44 in LINK
- NTV interview on Sept 1, 2016
- CTV News return story on Sept 5, 2016 LINK
- Global TV, CBC, CityTv, Sing Tao, Roundhouse Radio, Vancouver Sun, News1130 and Ming Pao at Collingwood Neighbourhood House for return story on Sept 5th, 2016.
- Renfrew-Collingwood Community News front page May 1st, 2016
- BCIT News on Shaw TV interview April 26th, 2016 to promote The Fundraiser
- Global TV interview April 10th, 2016 at the Vancouver Transplant Trot
- Living Proof Magazine March 2016 Issue
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3 FM Vancouver – January 7th, 2016 @ 9:00pm. Tune in on Impact, Don Shafer speaks about the CTA and the upcoming Gift From Within Tour to help bring awareness to the importance of donating organs and saving lives.
- Roundhouse Radio 98.3 FM Vancouver – January 6th, 2016 @ 2:00pm. Tune in for a great live show! Hear from Margaret Benson, the BC Provincial Director from the Canadian Transplant Association who is also a double lung transplant recipient, and me, a kidney donor. Click on “Impact” Radio to listen.
Gift From Within Tour – a journey to save lives
Submitted by Eileen Zheng, Kidney Donor Vancouver British Columbia
I envisioned helping my mother over 8 years ago when she first declined to take my kidney; she was uncertain of my future, the health risks and the changes that it may bring. Today, a year after our transplant surgeries and doing extremely well, we realize the benefits of organ donation. It has not only improved our lives, but it has created an extraordinary bond for our relationship.
Being a living organ donor does not necessarily mean that your life stops and you have to change your lifestyle; it’s about saving or improving someone else’s life while you continue yours. It is the most meaningful gift you can give. My goal is to share our story, increase awareness, increase organ donor registrants and fundraise for the Canadian Transplant Association for the literal lifesaving work that they do.
May 2016 I embark on an incredible journey across Canada on the Gift From Within Tour starting in Victoria, BC and ending in St. John’s, Newfoundland. My fondest childhood memory was with my mother when she spent countless hours teaching me how to bike. Now I continue to bike for enjoyment, my health, and the environment. I will cycle to events hosted by the Canadian Transplant Association across the country to tell our life changing story.
I am asking for your contribution to my fundraiser at www.gofundme.com/ezexistence to begin the ride. Every donation will make a difference regardless of the amount. Thank you in advance for your support.
You may follow my journey to save lives at www.giftfromwithin.ca.
*feel free to share and use any media I post on this website