Here’s another weekly update crossing Alberta to Saskatchewan!
- Mon Jun 6: 56km Vermilion AB to Lloydminster SK. I had interviews with the Meridian Booster, Lloydminster Source and Newcap TV. Got to goof around with the photographers Drew, Tyler and Geoff too. I was able to meet Donna from the CTA (and kidney recipient!) and had a meet a greet with Leanne and Larry Sauer in attendance as well. Leanne is a kidney donor just like me while Larry received a cornea transplant. Thanks to the Hampton Inn Lloydminster for a comfortable place to rest our legs!
- Tues Jun 7: 0km stayed with Josh and Sammy in Lloydminster, SK where we had an amazing meal and tuned our bikes. Sammy even biked with us for half a day on our way out! Thanks again!
- Wed Jun 8: 50km took it fairly easy and camped by Halfway Park Camp.
- Thurs Jun 9: 97km had a pit stop in Delmas, SK at the Delmas Hotel and Restaurant. Had a couple of adult beverages thanks to Rori, 1 soon became 2, and I don’t know how we ended up with 5 each…while waiting for the headwinds to die down, whew!
- Fri Jun 10: 140km We had a beautiful beautiful tailwind today! A simple bathroom pit stop somehow turned into a impromptu breakfast and petting session with Dan who invited us into his home in Maymont, SK and his lovely dogs Ruby, Jasper and Sam. Thank you Dan! Made it to Saskatoon late but were welcomed by the super lovely Kavita and Bruce.
- Sat Jun 11: 0km Kavita and Bruce’s daughter Kieren biked across Canada a few years ago and had an amazing experience using warmshowers.org, they wanted to pay it forward. They were so welcoming and awesome we stayed a few more days, haha!
- Sun Jun 12: 0km spent the day enjoying Art in the Park 2016 in Ashworth Holmes Park in Saskatoon. We even saw Kieren’s legendary adventure bus! She fixed it up and traveled up and down North America! I think I am getting some ideas for next summer….
- Weekly Total: 343km (checkpoint to checkpoint only).
- Total: 2189.4km