I have been losing track of the days of the week, maybe because I am having too much fun! We distinguish ours days by Bike Day or Rest Day!
- Mon, May 30: 21km Calgary, AB to Chestermere, AB. More sight seeing! Stayed at an incredible family’s house and we’ll be casting off tomorrow to our next destination!
- Tue, May 31: 120km to Drumheller, AB. A city dedicated to the Jurassic times. So many dinosaurs it was hard to keep track!
- Wed, Jun 1: 70km to 4 kms from Three Hills, AB. We camped out for the night next to some rowdy folks. At least they weren’t bears. Stopped by the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller, AB on our way out and explored the scenic route. Highly recommended!
- Thu, Jun 2: 115km to Red Deer, AB. This was the day I had to cheat a little, but if you don’t tell, I won’t either! Grey hounded it to Edmonton (154km) where I had the opportunity to meet Ron Hahn and Hayley his wife for dinner. Ron Hahn is a kidney recipient that had biked across Canada after receiving a kidney to promote organ donor awareness back in 2014 doing his Spare Parts Tour. Special thanks to Amanda, Ken, Trevor at Greyhound for everything. Thank you Susan and Simon for the warm shower!
- Fri, Jun 3: at the Edmonton Parliament Building to meet up with Edmonton CTV, Global TV, Edmonton Sun and Edmonton Journal for an interview. Thank you for coming out to support me: (1) Sarah Hoffman, Minister of Health, Deputy Premier and MLA of Edmonton-Glenora, Alberta, (2) Tim Wilson, and (3) Don, Al, Elizabeth and Elena from the Edmonton CTA, and (4) Flavia and Emmanuel from Edmonton Kidney Foundation! A special thank you to Ron and Hayley for the night’s stay at the Four Points Hotel!
- Sat, Jun 4: I ran errands all day in Edmonton as the Doctor said I had Achilles Tendonitis and should rest until it is healed. Thank you for the warm shower Tyler!
- Sun, Jun 5: Greyhounded it to Vermilion, AB (~197km). Had an awesome interview for Vermilion Voice and Vermilion Standard over a BBQ dinner at Susan and Brian Hodges (my Katimavik billet family in 2008)! Thank you for the wonderful trip down memory lane, tons of food as always and a warm place to stay!
- Week Total: 677km (checkpoint to checkpoint only)
- Trip Total: 1846.4km