Hello! I’ve been getting requests to update more often. I will try my best to do more but don’t forget I have social media links in the top right corner. Here’s a recap and some pictures from week 2!
- Mon, May 23: REST DAY in Sicamous! Greg Kyllo (MLA-Shuswap) even popped in to visit! It was a great day with exactly 0 km ridden.
- Tue, May 24: 104km to Canyon Hot Springs, BC stopping in sunny Revelstoke for lunch! Our first hot day of the trip! Question of the day: “You’re gonna pedal your little bum all the way to St. John’s Newfoundland!?!” YEP!
- Wed, May 25: 113km to Golden, BC. The second steepest day so far but it was super fast going down after summiting Roger’s Pass.
- Thur, May 26: 86km to Lake Louise, AB. Going through Yoho National Park to Banff National Park was beautiful! The hardest climb of the whole trip was right after the Visitor’s Centre. Phew! Had a great dinner at the hidden Stables Pub, but also after a 4km climb from the Lake Louise village up to the Fairmont area! Thank you for the warm shower and tour around Lake Louise, Sebastian and Jay Jay!
- Fri, May 27: 83km to Canmore, AB. A super lovely time with Kristen and Lyle. Amazing feast ready for us as we arrived! Thank you again!
- Sat, May 28: 106km to Calgary AB. Finally in Cowtown! Got to stay with Kristy Plotsky and her lovely family (and doggy, Breaker!). Both her and her daughter Shaylynn are successful heart transplant recipient and someone who knows the value of organ donors!
- Sun, May 29: Calgary, AB. Some riding around for sights and supplies. Radio interview with Sabrang Radio 94.7 and it went great! Once I get a copy, I will upload it here. Keep following me!
- Week Total: 492km (from checkpoint to checkpoint only).
- Trip Total: 1169.4km