- Mon, May 16: 89km ride in the sun! Launch Day from Victoria Parliament Building/Mile 0/Pacific Ocean to Vancouver. A thank you to my friend Yuriy H. and his roommates for a place to crash the evening before.
- Tue, May 17: 110km ride in the sun to Carla Swope’s (Warmshowers) in Chilliwack BC. Thank you for the wonderful accommodation!
- Wed, May 18: 96.4km to Alexandra Bridge Provincial Park.
- Thu, May 19: 98.3km to Spences Bridges in a slight drizzle and quite some headwind, stayed at Jean’s (AirBNB).
- Fri, May 20: 71km to Juniper Beach Camp Ground in slight drizzle.
- Sat, May 21: 121km to Chase BC in quite a bit of rain. Ran into Marcus who is also biking to St. John’s Newfoundland on his own! Fully loaded!
- Sun, May 22: 91.7km to Sicamous Twin Anchors Houseboat Vacations. Met Brad Firth (aka Caribou Legs) running 75km/day to the same final destination. Thank you for your support Twin Anchors! What an amazing place to rest in!
- Total: 677.40km (from checkpoint to checkpoint only, site-seeing not included.)
We encountered quite a bit of rain and sometimes no shoulder headed to Hope, BC. Expecting more of this!
Beautiful mountains and skies going into the BC Rockies!
The loud Canadian Pacific Railway. I wonder which part great grandpa built?
Brad Firth, Athlete Marathon Runner (aka Caribou Legs)
Juniper Beach, BC campgrounds
Twin Anchors Houseboats, Excelsior I for our 2 nights stay!